Five for Friday!

This was one of those weeks where I felt like I was constantly playing catch up, as I tackled all of the laundry from our weekend trip and unpacking.  Sometimes, I feel like I'm in a laundry or paper towel commercial, except there is no stylist or make up artist to make life look glam. Anyways, it seems we are almost caught up, and I'm going to tackle tidying up momentarily because one of my best friend's is coming to visit with her son today! I can't wait to see her, even though I know it is going to be quite the event with two toddlers running around!
ONE
My friend's son likes the book Dinosaur Beach, and since we are going to the beach, I decided to buy him this little set. I'm hoping he will think it is neat.
Via
TWO
Our library had Mindy Kaling's book out on display and I snatched it up and checked it out as fast as I possibly could.  I wanted to read it when it came out a long time ago, but had never gotten around to buying it.  It's a quick and entertaining read!
THREE
I also actually started to read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up in earnest.  Honestly, when I started it a month ago, I just got super annoyed and realized that I didn't feel like purging anything.  After life in the apartment for five years, having the space and a few things to fill it actually feels good.  With that said, it was starting to feel a bit cluttery (I blame SC), so I gave the book another chance.  While I'm still taking everything with a grain of salt, it did inspire me to start going through my clothes, and I actually have a bag of things to donate.  One thing I do think is useful about the book is she describes the "younger sister phenomenon" where the older sister tries to pawn things off on the younger sister.  I just tried this last weekend, so it was useful for me to realize that I should just donate the things I'm done with and everyone can move on with her life (sorry dear sister!).

FOUR
Naps have been a little off schedule this week, as SC recovered from all the excitement of visiting grandma and grandpa.  Last year my sister sent me this card, and I framed it and put it in her room for inspiration.
FIVE
One thing that SC has really started doing is waving goodbye to my husband and standing by the window to wait for him to come home.  It's really sweet how earnest she is.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

saw said...

I have definitely benefited a lot from the younger sister phenomenon! ;)
Hope you have a great weekend!

violinista said...

I love that SC waits by the window to greet and say bye to her dad. So sweet!

StephTheBookworm said...

Oh, I love that dinosaur kit... how cute is that?!

I love Mindy Kaling. I really enjoyed that book too. Do you watch The Mindy Project? It's SO FUNNY! One of my faves.