Easter Basket Treats and Decor!

I've been inspired by everyone's posts about Easter, so I thought I'd share a few of our preparations! One thing that I was really excited to do was pull out my Easter banner that I used to hang in the apartment.  I'm not going to lie, even though the mantle decor is very simple, it actually took me awhile.  At one point, SC was pulling down the banner and a vase fell (but fortunately didn't break).  After that I realized this was a better nap time project, and finally got it arranged.
I know this veers a bit into tacky, but I love these little welcome signs I picked up at the Dollar Store. While they definitely aren't going to become family heirlooms, they are so cheerful.
And of course I had to drag out my little wooden sign that I bought the first year my husband and I were married.  I remember at the time my sister thought it was a total junk purchase, but I really love this thing! (Just to clarify, it is a total junk purchase, but it is serving me well!)
Last year I almost didn't do an Easter basket for SC, but this year I know she will enjoy it.  I still didn't want to spend too much money, so I'm keeping things simple.  I bought this cute lamb at Walgreen's (SC has seen it and may have already laid claim to it), a mini book set at Home Goods, and some Winnie the Pooh flashcards and My First Prayer Book at the Dollar Store.  Her big "splurge" was a set of egg shakers from Amazon, which she is obsessed with from story time.
I made up a little Easter basket for my friend's son, and gave it to him when he came to visit.  Even though it was simple, (the bubbles, basket and chalk eggs came from the Dollar Store), it was a huge hit.
I am still working on putting a little basket for my niece, but we are getting ready for Easter around here!  What are your favorite Easter basket stuffers?  I find that the Dollar Store and the Target dollar spot have really had some tempting items!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Aww everything is so adorable!

Elle Sees said...

I love how you decorated everything!! So cute! I need to get on mine.

StephTheBookworm said...

LOVE the decor. Very cheerful!