Weekend Recap: Easter Bunny Fun!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  We had a fun one, but I made the mistake of wanting to watch Manchester by the Sea, which is a good film but so depressing.  Fortunately, on Saturday morning we had the joy of seeing SC meet the Easter Bunny!

Our realtor was holding an egg hunt, so we thought it might be a fun activity for SC.   She loves bunnies, so I had hopes that she might not be terrified.  On Friday, I started talking with her about the Easter Bunny and explained that he was a really tall bunny who hopped, which she seemed to understand.  As soon as we got there she immediately spotted him and was super excited.
After a few photos, we attempted to go on our way, but SC was determined to go back to have a little more time with her new favorite bunny.  Fortunately, he was very patient and there were no other children waiting to see him.
I love this picture because this is her quintessential look of delight. All of her bunny dreams have come true!
There was also an egg hunt, which SC enjoyed, but nothing could compare to the Easter Bunny!
After nap time, we decided to head downtown to a library close to my husband's work.  The inside is amazing and has so much for children.  The outside is so pretty too, isn't it?
SC and I will definitely be going back.  I know I'm always talking about the library, but I really have new appreciation for the ones in our area and feel they really cater to children.

Buoyed by Saturday's Easter Bunny success, after church and nap time we decided to go to another little Easter activity.  This time SC got to see a real live bunny, in addition to the Easter Bunny.
She also went on a little egg hunt and saw a fire truck, which she was mesmerized by. I think she wanted to touch all the knobs and buttons!
And now we are back to Monday, but I sure did enjoy my time with these two!
Anybody else start with the Easter fun?  I feel I've never quite so thoroughly celebrated the holiday before!

4 comments:

Elle Sees said...

Ahhhh! I just want to give her all the hugs!! So cute to see her around the Easter Bunny. Omg MBTS was so sad. I didn't like it. I didn't think he deserved an Oscar either.

Annie said...

Oh my goodness, I love that she loved the bunny so much!!! That's awesome!!!

MCW said...

She looks sooo excited!

Laura Darling said...

Oh my gosh those Easter bunny pics are PRECIOUS!! Glad you had fun!