Five for Friday

I loved having time with my family last week, but it's also been nice to get back into a routine with SC.  We've been taking lots of trips to the pool, and it feels like summer!
ONE
Even though it is still quite a long time away, I'm super excited that we booked a trip to Maine! My husband's grandmother spends her summers there, and I'm really happy that we will have a week together. We aren't going until August, but I know it will be nice to escape the heat and humidity!
TWO
As I mentioned, my sister and I did a little shopping while she was here.  I bought this strawberry tee, and I have loved wearing it this week.  It is casual, but it still makes me feel cute when we are out running errands.  I also splurged on this bangle because of the color.  At least I took care of the husband's Mother's Day gifts!
THREE
When my mom came to visit, she brought me some peonies from her garden.  Paired with some of the roses from our backyard, I think they look lovely, and I love how fragrant they are! There is something about fresh flowers that just makes you feel special.
FOUR
Since my friend had her baby last Friday, I was eager to bring her a meal.  It feels like summer, so I made some honey balsamic pulled pork, coleslaw and baked apples.  It wasn't super fancy, but I feel that it is just nice to have something homemade during the blur of those first few days.  I was also excited to bring the new baby these little booties and an adorable toy fox (that's the nursery theme).
FIVE
I'm a huge fan of t he BabyLit books, but I have a hard time justifying the price for a board book.  So, I was really excited when I found out that another library in the same system we visit had them.  We were able to request a few, and I've enjoyed reading them to SC.  SC likes the Moby Dick one the best, I think because of the sea theme.  I'm so thankful for our library, because it allows us to mix up the reading material without breaking the bank!  Although I still have quite a wish list of books on Amazon. 
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

StephTheBookworm said...

Peonies are so gorgeous. I love them! Also love your adorable shirt.

Oh Maine! How cool. I've always wanted to go there.