Father's Day Weekend Recap!

SC and I started the weekend early by meeting up with my parents to do a little Father's Day celebration with my parents, brother, sister-in-law and niece.  We went to the pool, which was so much fun, and then had a nice dinner and visit. My niece and SC had so much fun just playing with a bucket and watching things float around.
For Father's Day gifts, I never know exactly what to do, so I always do some type of picture gift.  There isn't really anything my dad loves better anyways, so I made a photo book, a framed picture, some peanuts and the book I Love You, Grandpa. As a side note, I tried out Walgreens instead of Shutterfly, and I was super impressed.  
For my FIL, we also did a framed photo, his favorite nuts, a candle and I made up a photo book from his recent visit.  We gave him part of his gift while he was here, but I mailed the photo book, which I think was a nice little surprise.
SC and I headed back on Friday morning, and we had a low-key weekend at home.  On Saturday morning, my husband took SC to the park and nearby farm so she could check out the petting zoo.  She loves seeing the bunnies!  Then he headed off to golf, and SC and I hung out for the afternoon.  Sunday morning SC and I "surprised" my husband with waffles, which was very exciting for SC.
Once again, SC also had a blast assisting with present opening.
We spent the rest of the morning playing a modified version of hide and seek, which SC could not get enough of.
After nap time, we headed to the beach and had such a relaxing afternoon. We were so relaxed, I didn't take any photos. All in all, it was a fun weekend, and I'm so thankful that we could celebrate my husband and our dads! They are such a blessing and every day I am so thankful for everything the dads in my life do!

3 comments:

Tess said...

What a fun weekend......isn't it nice to sometimes forget about taking pictures! A sign of a very good time :)

Annie said...

So sweet! Love that you got to celebrate with your dad and husband throughout the week!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I love the photo book idea! And she is the cutest! So jealous of your beach time but so glad you got some relaxation time in!