Hurricane Flowers, Cleaning and a Cupcake



Like most people on the East Coast, Hurricane Irene seemed to dominate the weekend. We were really fortunate in D.C., because we didn't lose power, but my parents did near the Richmond area, along with thousands of others. Of course, I was braced for the worst, and I think a lot of other people were too. When the husband went to go get batteries at our local CVS, there weren't any. However, he didn't come back empty-handed. Pretty drenched, he brought these lovely flowers back from the local Farmer's Market that somehow persevered despite the storm. They certainly made my weekend.

Since I was so certain that the hurricane was going to be really bad, we also ventured out in the early afternoon before she hit us. The husband was very patient as I walked around the Container Store for the first time ever. I really enjoyed walking around and seeing all of the displays. So much so, that I spent the remainder of a rainy Saturday working on organizing our closet a bit better. Specifically I tackled these plastic bins in our closet. While I wouldn't dream of getting rid of them (they're really handy), I was able to "cutify" them a bit by adding some tissue paper that I had lying around. I love that I can see polka dots; instead of a jumble of clothes. The closet still has a long way to go, but at least I'm making a little progress.

And finally, during our little outing out, the husband and I discovered a local bakery. He picked out a S'mores cupcake. It was a delicious treat to share, and I can't wait to visit again when my sister comes up to see us. There are some caramel flavors that I'm pretty sure she would love. Even though our weekend was pretty quiet, I'm just thankful that we were safe and could be together. How did you spend your weekend?

4 comments:

***Positively Preppy in Pink*** said...

Love the flowers (so sweet of your husband), love the polka dots, and love the cupcake!! Sounds like despite the storm, you had a great weekend!

JulesTX said...

Cute idea to have the polka dot tussue paper showing through those drawers.

LuvRedandWhite said...

Glad you didn't get hit badly! Love the polka dots :)

ms. mindless said...

Now that you're in DC, we should meet for coffee sometime!