A ThankfulThursday

It's been a pretty busy and long week for me. I tend to stress over what I haven't done/what I'm not, versus what I do and am. Anybody else ever do that?

With that said, I have so much to be thankful for today:

1. I have a dress to wear for tomorrow night that I think is appropriate. My sister bought it for me online from Banana Republic as an early Christmas present. Even with expedited shipping it was still cheaper than in the store. When I found out that I had a dress, I was seriously just so relieved. This is a super frivolous thing to be excited about, but I spent Monday and Tuesday night trying to find something after work, and it was no fun stressing about how everything is so expensive, not appropriate, and looked horrible on me.

2. Which brings me to my sister! Only she would put up with my craziness as I agonize over what to wear and all my imperfections. Sometimes I really need to talk to someone about ridiculous things without judgment, and she's always there for me.

3. The sun is shining! After two days of trudging through the rain, I'm delighted to see the sun.

4. The husband is going to be home at a decent hour tonight. He's been at the office until 2 or 3 am, so I haven't seen him this week.

5. Friends are coming up for the weekend! I'm trying to forget about the fact that our apartment isn't really company ready, and the medley of Christmas cookies that I was determined to make aren't going to happen.

6. We finally took the plunge and bought our coffee table. Now we just have to put it together before our friends arrive. Having furniture is always a good thing, right?

7. This blog! I truly appreciate every comment and reader. I never imagined I could have a legitimate blog when I first started.

What are you thankful for this Thursday?

*Photo via Pinterest, Eddie Ross

11 comments:

Emily | Recently said...

I completely understand the relief you feel after finding the perfect thing to wear. So glad you found something and enjoy your time with your friends!

Mo Pie, Please said...

I am thankful for my day off today, for getting to sleep in a bit and for getting some free time this afternoon to start Christmas shopping. I haven't even begun! Happy Thursday to you!

Everyday Adventures said...

Glad you found a dress! What a sweet sister! I cant wait to see your pictures from the christmas party of your dress:) yay to visitors! My family is coming in on Monday! So thankful for your sweet blog comments as well!

Clara Turbay said...

I like how you put together your ideas in this blog.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Kendall said...

I need to start having Thankful Thursdays too. Such a good idea. I'm thankful for my job and my patient husband today. :) Have fun with your company!

Elle Sees said...

i'm thankful for the few that actually read my blog. I got so many comments about my great EYE SCRUB that didn't even exist. Ppl just copied a typo in someone else's comment. It broke my heart. pms much? yes, yes. Enter my STYLEMINT giveaway for 5 free shirts! Create profile to enter.

amy b.s. said...

no matter what i'm going to, if it's some sort of function with people i don't really know, i always agonize over what to wear. so glad you figured it out!

Kimberly Moore said...

Ah so stressful not having that perfect thing to wear! Glad you got the dress -- from BR no less! Have a fantastic weekend and good luck putting the coffee table together. :)

Beth Dunn said...

I totally stress over what's not been done too. Lovely wreath!
xoxo
SC

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I'm actually a little teary eyed at your sis getting you that dress so you could relax and have fun at the party! I know that how I feel about myself a lot of the time is directly related to how I feel about what I'm wearing. Silly? Absolutely. But hey, when you are wearing something pretty, it really does make you feel better! Have a great time at the party! And give your sis an extra squeeze next time you see her, because she sounds awesome (c:

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

This is a sweet post. It's always good to remember all we have to be thankful for! Hope you had a great weekend!