Finally Friday!

This week has seemed pretty long, and I'm very happy to welcome Friday and the weekend. The husband is back from his business trip, and I'm hoping that he might not have to work all weekend. Regardless, my sister is flying into D.C. on Saturday night on her way home, so I will get to see her for a few minutes. She hasn't seen our apartment since we moved up here in August, and I'm definitely looking forward to our brief visit. There is nothing quite like sisters, is there?

She's really busy because she's finishing up her doctorate in math and applying for jobs. She actually has an interview this Saturday, so wish her luck. The motto of "work hard and be nice to people" in this picture certainly applies to her. I've never known anybody who worked as hard as she is nor is as giving. I'm seriously so blessed to have her as my sister. She's a born teacher (I have so many memories of us playing school when we were little), and quite frankly, I never thought it was possible to be as passionate about math as she is. So, I'm really hoping and praying that all of her dedication will pay off soon.

What's up for your weekend? I hope it will be relaxing and full of lovely things.

11 comments:

Worthington said...

We are going to the beach this weekend - cannot wait as Saturday will be gorgeous!

Alexa said...

Ah have so much fun this weekend, sounds like it's going to be perfect with your sis!

Emily | Recently said...

Wow, a doctorate in math, that's so amazing! Good luck to her and hope you two have a wonderful time!

Everyday Adventures said...

How nice you get to see your sister-even for a brief moment this weekend!! I love sisters and miss my big sis so much! I still have about 4 months to go till I see her next! Have a fun and relaxing weekend!

Thank you so much for all the sweet and encouraging comments that you leave on my blog posts-they mean so much to me and brighten my days!

agalandherdog said...

Happy Friday! So cool that you get to see your sister!

miss b said...

Good luck to your sister! I'm sure her hard work will pay off! We are meeting friends at one of our favourite restaurants. I love Friday- the whole weekend ahead! Enjoy it.

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Have the best time with your sister -- I have two sisters myself, and that is quite a special relationship. :)

Happy Weekend!!

Beth Dunn said...

Have fun with your sister! We are relaxing mostly.
xoxo
SC

Elle Sees said...

in math???holy crap. i'm totally saluting her for such a feat. totally not a math person

Sunny & Star said...

I hope that your sister's job interview went amazingly. Have fun visiting with her tonight.

Clara Turbay said...

Good taste y grace!