Items from Ikea!

This weekend I made a quick run to Ikea, since I had to be in the area anyways. I have to admit that I almost skipped the trip, but I'm glad I didn't. While I didn't pick up anything big, I did get a few things that I feel make our home a bit better. Not to mention, a delicious ice cream cone and slice of pizza!

First up would be these hangers. I love Ikea hangers because they're so reasonable (four dollars for eight!). I only picked up two packs, but I've already told the husband that for my birthday I'd like to go to Ikea with him, walk around, and get a few more. It's a dream of mine to have almost all matching hangers in our closet someday. Call me crazy, but our closet is visible and it's amazing how much a little uniformity can do for my mood. I also got some shelf inserts. Considering our shelf space (and how much I attempt to cram into our cabinets), these things are really amazing. They help you maximize your space, but it doesn't look as cluttered. This fixed two problem cabinets in our kitchen, and even the husband noticed the difference. I also have to say that I enjoy putting them together. It makes me feel quite handy. However, if you're not in the mood for that sort of thing, The Container Store sells ones that require zero assembly.Finally, I picked up two of these vases to round out the other one that I bought two years ago. I could never get the arrangement to look quite right with just one, and now I'm finding that the three of them look lovely together! While I realize that Ikea isn't for everyone, I certainly enjoyed my trip. Have you picked up anything little for your home lately that you're really enjoying?

6 comments:

Jax said...

I love Ikea! They have some very cute and affordable things. Plus, my friend lovesss their Swedish meat balls. haha

amy b.s. said...

i so wish we had an ikea that was close. i have a feeling i could find a lot of things that could go in my house!

Alexa said...

I love IKEA. I seriously leave with too much stuff!

Everyday Adventures said...

Ive never been to ikea but would love to go sometime! Ive looked at their website alot and it looks amazing!

agalandherdog said...

I wish we had an Ikea close!

Elle Sees said...

i bought the white duvet cover with the grey swirls! it matches the mirror i DIYed