Kindle Love

For the most part, I'm okay at going through my stuff and purging things that I'm not using. However, I am a book hoarder. For a few years, I had books stashed at my parents' house, but over Christmas I decided that they must come back with me. When I hauled them back, I realized that my bookshelf was already crammed with books (they were at my parents' home for a reason), so I shoved them under the bed.

Then I realized that with my new Kindle, I could hoard books a whole new way. The great thing is the books I've been storing are all Victorian Lit, and written before 1923. So I could download them for free. It took me a few weeks to adjust to the idea, but last weekend, I finally was able to donate the rest of the books that we really didn't have space to store. The best part is that I still have them electronically, and they are much lighter to carry around and take up less space! Even though I never thought I'd be converted to the Kindle so easily, I must say that I adore how easy it is to have multiple books with you. It's also much easier to read on the Metro, as you can turn the page with one hand (and with your other hand cling to the bar for dear life). Anybody else won over by the ease of the Kindle/Nook?

15 comments:

ms. mindless said...

i LOVE my kindle!!!! I am addicted to it. Best present ever :)

amy b.s. said...

i too have books crammed just about everywhere. and can't bring myself to buy a kindle. i just love the feeling of the paper when i read.

Everyday Adventures said...

I love my kindle too! I still have some books that I use for decorations on my book shelf (hard cover classics with pretty backs) but for the most part having the kindle has definitly cut down my buying and keeping books! Im sure it feels good to donate them:)

Elle Sees said...

I would love to try to a kindle to free up some space, but I love a book in paper form.

LuvRedandWhite said...

W. has a Kindle, but I'm so hesitant to get one. I like holding an actual book and getting the satisfaction of closing it when I'm done.

dinagideon said...

I have a kindle fire and it has turned my life around. :)

I still buy the "real" thing for authors and travelogues that I love, but for things I am merely interested in reading once, I definitely get it through my amazon account (my hubby has amazon prime, so there is a lot that is free/can be borrowed).

I may one day indulge in a non-glare version (like the one you own)...but for now the kindle fire is great for what I use it for, plus it has pretty easy access to apps and the internet!

Jax said...

While a Kindle sounds great in theory, I love the magic of turning a page. (Dork, I know. hehe)

Elle Sees said...

Psnthanks for your sweet and kind words!

Alexa said...

I haven't gotten one yet, but I've heard such great things.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

I love reading! But I'd prefer to do it via an actual book. =)

pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

Jackie {York Avenue} said...

I am SO on board with you! I just got a Kindle a few days ago, which I never thought I would do because I'm a total book collector (ie, hoarder) as well! But you're right, it is perfect for the metro (well, subway we call it!), because you definitely need a free hand to cling for your life! It is just really convenient for travelling and being out and about. And you can get so many classics for free, which is awesome.

Mandy said...

I'm with you on the electronic readers. I have started using my ipad more and more for reading...it certainly has been an adjustment, but it makes traveling and packing so much easier since I don't need to pack books!

Mandy
Kini Style & The Klury Report

Alyssa said...

I still have yet to purchase a kindle, I don't read much though.

Punctuation Mark said...

i love my kindle... and love all these free books!!! Happy weekend!

Kirsty Girl said...

Guilty. I'm such a book hoarder too! But I love it that way!