Loving the Library

I love books, so it's natural that I'd love libraries. A place with lots of books and you can get them for free? Sounds good to me. ! I have memories of my mom loading us into the car so we could go to our weekly story time. The trips continued well through high school, and as a teacher I've drug my fair share of students to the school library (these little adventures could be horrifying to see what sort of chaos would break out). Oddly enough, I have been to the British Library, the New York City Library and the Boston Library. For someone who doesn't travel, that's pretty good. However, since we've moved, I haven't been to visit our local library. With my Kindle, I discovered that you can actually use your library to borrow books too. It sounds absolutely perfect, and just the thing I need to lure me back to the library. What about you? Are you a fan of your local library?

8 comments:

Adam said...

My HQ county library is actually pretty good. I actually have to pay a $6 late fee on some DVDs I borrowed.

Everyday Adventures said...

I love the library! My sister is a librarian so she fills me in on new books by authors I enjoy! I also have a kindle and do not like spending money on books if I havent read them and dont know if I will like them. I use the digital library loan through the library she works at plus the air force library system also has one through overdrive that I have a password! You can keep the books for up to two weeks, not sure if you can renew, and then they disappear! Happy reading:)

Jax said...

I love libaries too. But, I really love keeping a book on display after I read it. It's almost like, hey, look what I did?! LOL

MCW said...

I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE librarys. Then in high school I had an unfortunate incident with a man exposing himself. Seriously. Now I am a little scared of them. Maybe one day I will enjoy them again. Hopefully!

amy b.s. said...

i too love the library. i'm not sure i'll ever be able to give up my books and switch to a kindle!

Pop Champagne said...

I used to go to the library to study, it's the only place I can get work done!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

I love the library and actually have been needing to make a trip--I finished my book a few days ago and have not yet gotten a new one!

Jackie {York Avenue} said...

I used to use the library all the time for audiobooks, which was great! Now that I've got my Kindle I can't wait to hook it up to my library-once I figure out how!