Cherry Blossoms!

We actually did venture out to go see the cherry blossoms on Saturday, and despite the dreary weather, they were actually really beautiful. Although, since we trekked down to the tidal basin, we once again, weren't really veering off of our usual habits when we decide to go into the city. It seems we just love going to the monuments! I don't think the husband was terribly impressed by the cherry blossoms. He thought they were pretty, but he couldn't understand why so many people flock to go see them every year. The weather wasn't ideal, but we could still appreciate how lovely the blossoms are. It was fun to go see it, but I have a feeling that it will be difficult to convince the husband to go back next year. I caught him doing this a few times during our visit (checking the trusty blackberry). To be fair, he'd recently found out that he was going to be doing a new project this weekend. The visit to the cherry blossoms also neatly coincided with a visit to his office. But, I don't really have much to complain about, because we also visited Chipotle for lunch. See how happy I look? This is because we had already decided on stopping by Chipotle and I was surrounded by beautiful pink flowers. I think the area is especially pituresque this time of year, and I can understand why people go. I think it'd be a shame if we hadn't visited. D.C. is looking lovely this time of year!Did you enjoy the beautiful spring-like weather this weekend?

17 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

You got some great shots of the cherry blossoms. I try to go to them each year, they're just so pretty!

Adam said...

looks like a fun time

LuvRedandWhite said...

Love those pics :) I did get outside this weekend, but unfortunately, the pollen is making me stuffy today!

Kimberly Moore said...

oh how lucky to be in DC during the Spring!! It's such a beautiful place then you add those cherry blossoms and it's just amazing! My sister-in-law is living in DC right now serving a mission for our church! I think we may just need to pay a visit when she's done!

tearinguphouses said...

i looove cherry blossoms. we have a tree in our yard, and looking at it bloom seriously makes my day.

so pretty.

tearinguphouses said...

i looove cherry blossoms. we have a tree in our yard, and looking at it bloom seriously makes my day.

so pretty.

P*P*P said...

So glad you visited the blooms! You ended up with some beautiful photos!!!

Nuha said...

i would love to visit DC during cherry blossom season...for now, ill just have to live through you lucky DC bloggers :-)

http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

Jax said...

I've ventured to DC one day. I loved it! The momunments and everything is beautiful to see. Would love to go again! The Cherry Blossoms looks magnificent.

Emily | Recently said...

Ha ha, I love Chipotle too!! I would have the exact same look on my face as you. Sounds like the perfect day!

Meg {henninglove} said...

wow what beautiful photos!! cherry blossoms are seriously the best part of spring. i lived in japan for several years and it was the time of the year that i looked most forward to always!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

So pretty!! The weather was gorgeous in NYC too

xx

Jen

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I'm so envious...visiting the cherry blossoms in DC is on my bucket list! My brother just recently moved up there, so even more incentive to go! Looks like a fabulous time!

Jess said...

This post makes me miss DC so much! The Cherry Blossoms were my favorite part of living there. xo

Alexa said...

Ah so pretty...I miss DC...want to get back there someday soon.

Mandy said...

Wow those flowers are gorgeous! I need to add seeing these to my bucket list. Any day with chipotle is a great day :)

Mandy
Kini Style & Klury.com

Fashion Meets Food said...

Beautiful pictures! I have never seen the cherry blossoms before and have a trip planned to see them tomorrow- I heard that the trees are bare so looks like I now just have a trip to DC lol. xo