D.C. Cherry Blossoms

Happy Friday, everyone! With allergy season/a cold, I've been a bit of a slug this week. Actually, I think even that is an understatement. I am, however, looking forward to this weekend (it's pretty hard to dread a weekend, isn't it?). I'm not exactly sure what we have planned, but I'd really like to go check out D.C.'s cherry blossoms. Miss Mindless's post inspired me. The husband and I haven't done very much touring of our city (we also have this terrible habit of always going to the American Smithsonian or the memorials), and I have a desire to visit our capitol (I haven't been since I was in elementary school). I'd also like to visit the Library of Congress and the Folger library. I'm not really sure if we will do any of it, but it's fun to think that we will be a little adventurous. Until all the pollen stops me, that is. What are your plans? Any sight seeing?

10 comments:

MCW said...

I was in DC on Tuesday for Dad's retirement lunch and we drove by the blossoms. So beautiful!

amy b.s. said...

i so miss the cherry blossoms!

P*P*P said...

Def. go to see the blossoms! They are always so beautiful!!

Worthington said...

You need to go do everything! It is so nice how we live near FREE entertainment and activities. Cherry Blossoms cannot be missed

Elle Sees said...

i've always wanted to visit during that time! we have something in GA (MAcon)similar...not been to that either.

Jackie {York Avenue} said...

Oooh cherry blossoms are the most gorgeous things. You just can't help but feel happy when surrounded by them. You're lucky to be surrounded by them!

Adam said...

cherry blossoms are nature's best eye candy

Jax said...

My friend's down there right now for the festival! Sorry to hear about your allergies...LOL

Deidre said...

Aw, I definitely think sight seeing in your own city is kind of fun!

Enjoy DC I've never been there in time for the cherry blossoms

Beth Dunn said...

I love DC! I want to go there again but it seems every weekend we have sports.
xoxo
SC