Dinner Last Night

I'm not a really big fan of salad; however, I'm a huge fan of this blue cheese and pear salad. I found the recipe in the Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook that a friend gave me, and it's very delicious. It's really easy: fresh greens, pear slices, blue cheese, sunflower seeds, olive oil, and freshly squeezed lemon. The recipe also calls for walnuts, but I find that it's a bit overkill since you already have sunflower seeds. I'm not claiming that it's the healthiest salad, but I think it's tastier than a Lean Cuisine any day. Any favorite go-to salad recipes that you have? This recipe has definitely made me re-think a basic salad!

8 comments:

P*P*P said...

Yum! Looks and sounds delish!

Beth Dunn said...

That looks so yummy!
xoxo
SC

agalandherdog said...

That sounds delish! I've been in a huge salad mood!

Sandra Leiva said...

Looks great! <3

Jax said...

Oh Lean Cuisines scare me! That does look delicious :)

Worthington said...

It looks good, although I have to admit I am a big fan of a nice sliced flank steak in my salad... :)

Oh Sunnie Day said...

I'm not a big fan of salads either. I find once I add all the yummy toppings and dressings it's not very healthy anymore.

xx

Jen

miss b said...

I'm always on the look out for new salads at this time of year - sounds delicious - thanks!

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/