My 28th Birthday

Thanks for all the birthday wishes on Friday! I have to admit that I was feeling pretty lackluster about my birthday. The husband got sick with a cold at the end of the week, canceling my trip home. However, I was surprised that it was a lovely day.

On Friday night, I was greeted with a package from a friend containing these. I was also surprised on my birthday to find these flowers from my sister, brother, and his wife. (My family doesn't particularly like to send flowers because of the frivolous expense, so it was truly a wonderful surprise.) The husband claims he doesn't know where to buy flowers in the city, so I had given up on getting flowers. Yesterday, I pointed out that they sell them at Whole Foods. Two blocks from our apartment. I can only hope he will find where they sell flowers someday. And last, but certainly not least, a friend, my husband and I got to try Georgetown Cupcakes for the first time. We pre-ordered, so we didn't have to wait in line. It was a great experience, and their cupcakes are pretty yummy! See how gleeful I am here? All in all, it was great to spend the day!

8 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

Chocolate strawberries and cupcakes? I'd say that's a successful birthday!

SSM said...

Happy Birthday!

P*P*P said...

So wonderful that you had a great birthday - and those flowers are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

LuvRedandWhite said...

Happy belated Birthday :) All of that looks and sounds so yummy!

XOXO

Adam said...

looks like a fun birthday

amy b.s. said...

well happy birthday! looks like it turned out to be a good time!

Jax said...

I'm so glad that your cupcakes didn't dissappoint! Glad you had a great birthday. xo

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Those cupcakes do look good! Which one was your favorite?

xx

Jen