A New Summer Dress

For my birthday, and because I seem to be short on summer clothes, I bought a few dresses from Target. While two of them decidedly didn't work, I am a fan of this one. I tried it on Saturday morning, and the husband wondered why I was so dressed up with this on. It's perfect because it's modal cotton, so it's very comfy and easy, but it still is flattering (which I think can be a struggle with this material). At least, I really struggle with finding a comfortable dress that still looks decent on me. For less than 25 dollars, I'm pretty excited about my new dress. I have some black sparkly sandals and a long white pearl necklace that I think will make this the perfect dress for running errands during the summertime. And who knows, maybe even the husband will take me out for a summer date! Any new spring purchases? I'm definitely in the mood to buy some summer clothes, so I'd love to hear!

10 comments:

Jax said...

Very cute dress!! I saw a few in Target that I liked as well. I'm a fan of strapless summer dresses with my hair down. But this one is adorable too :)

Worthington said...

I LOVE modal. It is such a great material with a beautiful drape. I remember when Nordstrom first started carrying it in 2005 and I was working there, and I just fawned over it because it is perfection!

P*P*P said...

FUN! Love the dress and your plan of wearing it with the sandals and pearls sounds great!

LuvRedandWhite said...

That's really cute :)

I'm going on a shopping spree at the Tanger outlets next week during Spring Break...I can't wait!

Elle Sees said...

I've not really gotten anything yet, but have been eyeing things like crazy.

jas said...

I have that dress and love it!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

jas said...

I have that dress and love it!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Alexa said...

Oh that is so so adorable. Perfect for a little cocktail party!

agalandherdog said...

I have that dress with 3/4 sleeves in two colors (black and gray) that I wear all the time. It is so comfy! I'd love to have the sleeveless version!

miss b said...

That's such a versatile dress - great for this time of year. Thanks for the comment about my Istanbul post!

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/