The Story of the West Elm Shower Curtain

Yesterday, I checked my email and saw that my husband had forwarded me an email from West Elm. Not a place where he shops or receives emails from, so I was curious. Friends, my husband bought the shower curtain that I've wanted for months. As I've explained previously, this is a big deal. In a few short days, the brown striped monstrosity that my husband has clung onto since law school will be removed from our bathroom. Something bright and light that matches our tile will be replacing it. I cannot wait. Ironic that it should happen on the day I announce on my blog that sometimes my husband doesn't understand me, but I guess sometimes he does get it. And then he decides to do something for me that's very nice.

8 comments:

Worthington said...

YAY! That is great. Sometimes it is the little things, right?

dinagideon said...

This makes me lol.

Here's why...I, as you know, am morbidly pregnant right now, and throughout the entire time we have slept on this ancient 10 year old bed from IKEA and a somewhat ancient 8 year old mattress with a 2 year old mattress topper. I had no idea that mattresses could have indentations quite like ours have developed, nor did I realize just how many bits of a bed frame can break and technically still be capable of being slept on. :)

So a week ago he got me (and him, natch) a mattress from Sleepy's (and oh, it is so firm and supple and lovely) and a bed frame from WEST ELM. (That's where our stories connect...)

The bed frame comes tomorrow and the mattress on Saturday. I am so excited!

The shower curtain is really nice, exactly what a husband and wife need to keep the peace. ;)

dinagideon said...

Oh, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Sorry I couldn't give the wishes earlier! :)

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness. Major points for your husband, that is awesome!

P*P*P said...

AMAZING!!!! So sweet!

Adam said...

I always love a new shower curtain. I wish I could change mine as often as a computer wallpaper

poptartyogini said...

i just found your blog and wanted to say happy birthday and congratulations on your new shower curtain. i'm pretty sure i burned anything that reminded me of law school! hope you enjoy

Oh Sunnie Day said...

awww how sweet of him!! :)

xx

Jen