Spring Cleaning: Cleaning out the Fridge!

While most of my weekend was consumed with traveling and celebrating Easter, I was able to clean out the fridge and freezer on Saturday morning before we left. While the fridge usually never gets too bad, I don't scrub it down every week. Real Simple has an article on how you can clean the fridge in just 20 minutes, which makes the task seem manageable. IHeart Organizing also has some tips on how to get a clean fridge (use a magic eraser to clean the front) and a make over of a family fridge (much harder to keep organized with that much volume!). It's funny how just a little task like that made me feel a bit more organized and accomplished. It also made grocery shopping and meal planning a bit more efficient, since I was able to evaluate what we are/aren't eating. Even though I didn't buy anything fancy to organize the fridge, there are a few things that would certainly "cutify" a fridge.

From Anthropologie, I love this little container and egg crate.And of course, if you were to buy those two, you'd have to pick up some Martha Stewart food storage containers. We received the juice container in this design as a wedding gift, and I use it everyday. However, don't worry, I'm not that obsessed with my fridge! Any areas in the kitchen you are thinking of tackling? I know that I have to deal with all of my kitchen cabinets; especially my pots and pans. It's getting a bit out of control!

7 comments:

MCW said...

I have nothing in my fridge but condiments and yogurt. I need to stock it! Not clean it :)

amy b.s. said...

i so need to clean my fridge out too!

Alexa said...

I feel like I always need to clean out my fridge. Great ideas here! :)

Elle Sees said...

I have a closet I use as a storage room that need desperate tlc

Giovanna said...

So cute! Love the little egg crates for jewelry! I need to majorly spring clean my closet and room! It's such a daunting task tho! lol

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com
ShabbyApple Gift Card Giveaway!

Jax said...

I love the egg holder. So super cute!

Miss Lindsay said...

I've seen the egg crate on a few blogs to hold jewelry!