Happy Fourth of July!

The storm on Friday night certainly changed the weekend plans.  We lost power on Friday night and still didn't have it Saturday morning.  Since we live on the 14th floor and it was pretty hot outside, we spent a bit of time plotting how we were going to deal with the power outage.  Fortunately, power was restored later that afternoon, but it certainly reminded us how reliant on power we are. It seems that power won't be fully restored to D.C, until the end of this week, which is awful. On Monday, my work still didn't have power, so I had some time to take a quick trip home to visit my family.  I'm pretty excited, because my sister and her boyfriend are coming up for the fourth.  I decorated our balcony for them and wrapped up some caramels for my sister.  (I realize it's a bit tacky. The husband isn't a fan, but I actually got the stars for free thanks to our staff party). I have to admit, this is the first time in awhile I've been so excited about this holiday.  I hope everyone has a happy Fourth of July!

4 comments:

Adam said...

have a happy 4th

Mariel said...

Hope you get power back on! I heard about all of the storms, so scary!

Jess said...

I do not think the stars are tacky at all. I really like them.

Hope you get your power on soon!

Beth Dunn said...

Love your stars!
xoxo
SC