The Striped Dress from the Loft: The Perfect Casual Spring Dress

So as I mentioned, I plan on wearing this dress out this weekend. Dina of My Superfluities was kind enough to be interested in my new dress, so I thought I would post a picture and tell everyone how great this dress is. 
This picture was taken a few weeks ago when I brought it home and showed it to the husband.  I had him take a picture so I could it to my sister and get her fashion advice from Florida. She begrudgingly said it was okay, and the husband said it looked nice, so I got to keep it, and I don't think I've been so excited about a dress in awhile. Seriously, it's super comfortable, and I think it's flattering. I definitely don't have a perfect body like the model in the last post, but the stripes distract from the tummy and confuse the eye, which is exactly what I need!  I wore it out on Wednesday night to a Nationals game, and a lady in the metro actually told me how much she liked my dress.  I don't think I've ever received a compliment on the metro before, so I think that is telling of how awesome this dress is.  And to go with my lovely dress, I picked up these shoes at TJ Maxx last Saturday. 
I usually try to be really practical with shoes.  I hate to wear anything that isn't comfortable, and I don't have that much space to store too many shoes, but I couldn't resist these. I figure coral is the color of spring, and it will be a fun accent! Plus my sister technically bought these for me, because I used gift card money from a b-day gift that didn't work out. I know it's materialistic, but these two purchases have really made me happy. I think I'm all ready for my girls night out!

4 comments:

erin said...

Cute!! Love the whole outfit!

Ann said...

Beautiful dress.
Looks a bit of a bandage dress to me
and it sure looks pretty on you.

Dina Gideon said...

Oh, thank you for showing it off, it looks so beautiful on you, very flattering!

I hope your weekend is going well, and that it continues to go that way... :)

mikky said...

The loft dress looks really cute on you. I'm so tempted to go buy one now!

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com