Vegan Banana Everything Cookies and a Dinner

On Saturday night, a former co-worker/friend invited me over to her house to thank me for helping her move.  It was just a small dinner of six of us, but I wanted to bring something.  Since she just became vegan, I was a little overwhelmed as to what to bring.  Fortunately, I found a recipe for these banana everything cookies.  Even the husband thought they tasted pretty good and they were so easy!

 I also ended up making this little cheese plate. Fortunately, Trader Joe's sells cheese substitute, so I was able to mix that in with the brie and cheddar.  I thought it looked pretty, and probably wouldn't have thought of this, if I hadn't been inspired by other bloggers. 
And finally, I brought my friend some flowers for her home.  I wanted to get her an orchid, but the selection wasn't good, so I ended up trying to work with some roses and lemons.  It didn't turn out perfectly, but I thought they would be cheerful.
What's your favorite dish to bring?  I love easy ideas!

3 comments:

Adam said...

I just bring something easy like a dessert.

Kirsty Girl said...

Love it! I'm Vegan too. It's always great to bring a vegan dish to a party. Great conversation starter and it's awesome to show others that vegan food is GOOD food!

agalandherdog said...

You are so thoughtful! I usually keep a few hostess gifts on hand (candles, soaps, cute note cards).