Snapshots from Maine

Well, I ended up taking such a long break off from blogging! I'm not sure if anyone is actually still reading, but I thought I'd share a few pictures from Maine.
My husband's grandma grew up in Maine, and his grandparents bought a little cottage there to spend summers, so it was extra special to take SC to a place that is so dear to my husband's side of the family.  We did lots of toddler friendly activities with a trip to the library and a visit to see a giant chocolate moose.
 We also did the traditional things that my husband's family does every year with a visit to the Portland Headlight and Two Lights.
There's also a horse racing track that we love to go to, and it was a nice activity for everyone.
And of course, we spent lots of time at the beach!  We were lucky because the weather was really gorgeous while we were there.
How have you been lately? We've been hosting family and friends once we got back home, and I really can't believe that Labor Day is upon us! I hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend!

6 comments:

Tess said...

That pink sweater with the ears!!!!! Oh my!!! Welcome back friend. Hope,you enjoyed your summer (and blog break!).

Annie said...

Glad you all had a wonderful trip! Quality time is the best time!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I love love love the jacket she is wearing in the first photos. Adorable!! Sounds like such a fun time and breaks are great sometimes!

Margaret said...

Glad you all had fun! Nice to keep up family traditions!

MCW said...

Welcome back! I have never been to Maine, but dying to go.

Margaret said...

Maine is the perfect place to have great family time and fun!